Hi, I’m Felicia!
Mother of two, birth and postpartum doula, Certified Lactation Counselor, babywearer, crafter, creator, music lover, skincare specialist based in the Providence area, born and raised in beautiful Rhode Island.
I'm often asked, "What made you want to become a doula?" The short answer is, my own birth story. When I had my first child at seventeen, I did my best to navigate my pregnancy and birth, but I often felt overwhelmed and unsupported.
For my second pregnancy, I knew I wanted a different experience, so I did all my research and knew I wanted a doula! With my doula by my side, I felt fully supported and empowered. Tapping into that inner power was absolutely life changing! I knew I wanted to help other people connect with their own inner power and prove that same kind of loving, compassionate support that helped me connect with mine!
I believe that pregnancy and childbirth is a very sacred and spiritual time in a woman's life and the life of her family—a rite of passage—and she deserves to be fully supported--emotionally and physically, empowered to make her own choices and feel honored and respected throughout pregnancy and birth.
As your doula, my philosophy is to support your philosophy! No matter what your birth preferences are, no matter what you want or choose, I will respect those choices and provide continuous, nonjudgmental support, throughout pregnancy, childbirth and beyond.
• Trained doula with Birth Arts International
• Member of Doulas of Rhode Island
• Trained in Spinning Babies
• Trained in Rebozo techniques
• Hands on comfort measures and breathing techniques
• Licensed Esthetician with the Rhode Island Board of Health
• Focused on pregnancy and the skin
•Member of Associated Skin Care Professionals
• Associate degree in Nursing in progress at the Community College of Rhode Island
• Focused on Maternal and Infant Health with sights set on Midwifery
• Basic Life Support Certification